Preparations for the next EU Programming Period 2014-2020 have begun and decision-makers have made clear that Programme input is needed and desired in this process.
The main strategic processes for the future of the EU are evolving around the Europe 2020 strategy (http://ec.europa.eu/eu2020/). The main consultation activities on the new policy framework are now almost complete and the final outcome clearly follows the guidance for debate raised by the European Commission:
- improving the way regional and local resources from all territories are used, so that they contribute to the competitiveness of the whole of Europe
- focusing the policy more on results
- continue simplifying the process used to implement the policy while at the same time ensuring it remains effective
- focusing the policy towards the future and helping regions deal with future challenges.
The Managing Authority of European Territorial Cooperation Programmes has actively participate –and still does- in the debate on the next Programming Period and has played an important role in the finalization of the relevant documents and processes, which will soon be presented through this Newsletter.
At the same time, however, all Programmes the MA is managing are preparing themselves for the future challenges, ensuring a timely start and a sound managerial framework.
- Developments in the cross-border Programmes the MA is managing
- European Territorial Cooperation Programme “Greece - Bulgaria 2007-2013”
- Cross-Border Cooperation Programme "Greece – Cyprus 2007-2013”
- European Territorial Cooperation Programme “Greece - Italy 2007-2013”
- IPA Cross-Border Cooperation Programme "Greece – Albania 2007-2013”
- IPA Cross-Border Cooperation Programme "Greece – The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 2007-2013”